March 7, 2011

Mar 7: Good Practice

I haven't put up images in a while. I've been working on some new ideas, pushing my creativity, and solving problems. I've had quite a few 'practice' days, but I've also nailed some sweet new shots.
The practice images are boring, and the good ones aren't yet ready for show'n'tell.

Today, though, I'll show you what I'm working on.

I want to set a nice image with a background skier in soft focus. This angle was good practice for the depth of field, but it doesn't show what I want.


A few frames later, the slope explodes and runs out in a whoosh. A little spooky.


After another scary moment in a narrow choke, we were happy to ski some gentle trees. The smile is as much an expression of enjoyment as it is of relief.


We put in a few good turns though.  This one is pretty standard, but you know, gettin' deep turns never gets old.


A few other frames turned out very nicely.

It's supposed to snow ~15" tonight. Should be some more deep turns tomorrow. Never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment