March 25, 2010

Mar 25: Lobitos Part 1

This is the first of a series of posts, detailing my trip to Peru.

Day 1:
I get a feel for surf photography. This surfer, Henry Espinoza Panta, is the first I shoot, perhaps a case of foreshadowing. He later expresses interest in photography and we work together to develop his skills. (His images will come in a later post.)

The sunsets in Lobitos were amazing. I got these on the first day.


Day 2:
Walking around Lobitos.
I later asked the kids about the PlayStation 2. They've never seen one.

In an effort the clean up the town, people are encouraged NOT to relieve themselves behind the buildings.

Many boats lay in ruins along the beach.

Day 3:
More surfing. The waves are discouragingly small, but the locals can still rip 'em up.
Working for the tubo, as a friend looks on.

Henry's brother, Ronnie, shows some buen estilo.

Will tries to hold up the sun for a few more minutes, but the surfing ends with another beautiful atardecer.

To be continued.... (12 days to go)

I will also post some images on my website this week:
JeremyKoons.com

No comments:

Post a Comment